Saturday 7 September 2019

Seventh week of tunes

Hopefully some tunes you'll have not heard before.  Not really favourites this week, but songs I do play fairly often.  I was going to do 5 different bands this week but have been feeling a bit shit again for most of the week so I thought I'd just do a 1 2 2 again.  One of the other bands I was thinking about might be next week.  Depends if I can find the CDs I have.



Moist - Push
This was reasonably popular in 1995 in the UK. I liked the song, but the album (their debut - Silver) was a bit too bland.



Drain STH - I Don't Mind
I first heard about Drain STH being a Swedish Alice in Chains but not as depressing.  I guess that was a good way to describe them, but they're definitely standing on their own.



Drain STH - Crack The Liar's Smile
Another song from the same album (Horror Wrestling).  Really like the way they've used an acoustic guitar for the main riff, gives it a different feeling.



Haggard Cat - Bad News (Travels Fast)
This was the first song I'd heard by the Nottingham duo.  It's just disjointed thrash that's surprisingly catchy.  Love how unconventional it is.  Very quickly became a favourite band.



Haggard Cat - American Graffiti
Another one from the same album (Challenger).  This one is a bit more palatable but still unistakably them.

No comments:

Post a Comment