Saturday 21 September 2019

Week 9

A bit later than usual this week.  Had a bit of a bad day yesterday and it's kinda rolled over to today.

After seeing a tweet last night I decided to do a few film tunes this week.  Didn't realise they'd all be horror until I'd made my choices.



Goblin - Deep Red (aka Profondo Rosso) Theme

The fact that Deep Red is my favourite Argento film it's kinda given that this would be my favourite of Goblin's themes.



Goblin - School at Night (Lullaby - Child Version) from Deep Red
Another tune from Deep Red that keeps popping in my head now and then.  Once I start humming it I can never get rid of it!  Love it.  Very orchestral.



The Gonk - Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Unlike the rest of the score this is jolly muzak and just brilliant.



The Exorcist - Fantasia for Strings
I probably watch The Exorcist every couple of years.  Had it on VHS, then the limited edition VHS with the novel, then on DVD, then the "The Version You've Never Seen" on DVD, then the 5 film DVD set, then again on Bluray.  I still have all of them except the first VHS I had.  Also got two versions of the OST.  I'm a bit obsessive about some things I suppose lol.  I guess this OST is where I got my love for different sounds which made me really appreciate and like the Silent Hill OSTs.  Anyways, here's the end credits theme.  I was thinking of posting one of the other songs but it's probably a bit too weird and this one is the one I like more anyways.



The Thing - Humanity Part 2
Simple.  Ominous.  Classic.  Pure John Carpenter.

No comments:

Post a Comment