Saturday 31 August 2019

Tunes Pt 6

Been listening to some stuff I haven't listened to in a few years.  I could just post five songs from side B of one album and be done.  But I'm resisting that urge.  Ozzy this week, but it's not all the usual well known Ozzy songs.

Next week I'll hopefully have a few lesser known metal bands that you'll have either forgotten about or never even knew about.



Ozzy Osbourne - Waiting For Darkness
So, Bark At The Moon is the album in question.  I bought this and Blizzard of Ozz in a double CD from Our Price (anyone remember them?) back in 1993 I think for £11.  I actually bought it for Blizzard but Bark is fucking excellent.  Thinking about it now, this song is probably the first metal one I'd heard with string accompaniment.  Adds so much to the song.



Ozzy - Spiders
My favourite on the album and it's the last track.  I don't know why I love this.  I suppose it's because it's a very bass driven song.  I'marachnophobic so I really shouldn't like this with all the images the lyrics throw up but the tune is fantastic.  I'm surprised I've not worn out the LP yet, mind you it doesn't get played as much now that the turntable belt is kinda knackered.



Black Sabbath - Planet Caravan
I first heard Pantera doing a cover of this (the video is a CGfest) and thought it was pretty good but as usual the original is better.  Very trippy.  Doesn't really sound like Sabbath at all.



Black Sabbath -The Wizard
This is the Sabbath song I play the most.  Such good imagery by the lyrics.  It's almost jazz like in some ways.



Black Sabbath - Symptom of the Universe
I'm going to cheat here and post two versions of this.  The first is the original version which is excellent. The next is an absolute stormer of a cover that I could have posted a few weeks back.  Sepultura's cover is heavy as fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment