Saturday 5 October 2019

Week 11

I'm a huge NIN fan and have been listening to some of their older stuff again so I thought I'd chuck in a few remixes of thiers this week as they are kinda similar to the other songs.  I'll probably have to do a series of NIN favourites on their own some time.  And a lot probably wouldn't be what you'd expect (like the ones below).


Genitorturers - Confessions of a Blackheart
Loved Genitorturers since I heard 120 Days of Genitorture (A great industrial styled album).  They did a fantastic job on this.  Not as industrial but lovely heavy and full sound to it.




Scum of the Earth - Dance Motherfucker
Had no idea that Riggs had been doing this since he left Rob Zombie's solo band.  A wise move in my opinion.  This album is more reminiscent of Zombie's remix albums thann the original stuff but that's not a bad thing.  This is heavy stuff!

Scum of the Earth - The Devil Made Me Do It 3
Another heavy dubstepish one.  Sometimes the simple tunes are the best.

Nine inch Nails - Heresy (Version)
The last great remix album by NIN for me.  I actually prefer this version of Heresy over the original.  I know, sacriledge.  I think the Charlie Clouser remixes are my favourite out of all of NIN's remixeswith Coil's a close second.

Nine Inch Nails - Gave Up (Fixed remix)
I love just how disjointed Trent's singing is in this.  A lot of it is just vowel sounds that make no sense at all.  with the chorus that's pretty normal.  It's awesome.  I used to listen to this almost every morning going to a jobcentre training course.  The whole thing should be unlistenable rubbish (the Happiness in Slavery remixes are more disjointed in every aspect than this) but it just works.  I remember Trent saying that Broken was done at an unhappy time with the label and they wanted to do something that was just unlistenable.  I think he created an awesome album/EP (whatever you want to call it) but this remix album really was the next step in thinking that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment