Saturday 19 October 2019

Week 13

Unlucky for some...

I was a bit of a goth for a while so here's some of that good stuff.  I know Andrew never thought of Sisters as a goth band but to me they are an industrial goth band.

Hearing these always takes me back to two specific times.  Sisters to when I first met a girlfriend and The Cure to when I first started getting into horror films thanks to my uncle.  He introduced me to a lot of good stuff (The Cure, Aphex Twin, Dario Argento, George Romero, David Lynch).



The Sisters of Mercy - This Corrosion
I think this was the first Sisters song I heard.  Still a bloody good song.  Shame they only did a video for the radio version and not the full thing.  So here's the full song instead.



The Sisters of Mercy - Dominion/Mother Russia
Love the visuals of the video butthey didn't do a full video for this either.



The Cure - The Lovecats
This man is a National Treasure! And as seen at Glastonbury he still sounds the same.  Never been to Glasto, but religiously watch it on the Beeb and there have been a lot of great headliners, but The Cure this year were amazing.  To think they're still going strong in their 50-60s is great.

Also, as a cat-lover (and animals in general) I just had to include this even though it's happier than their usual stuff.




The Cure - Lullaby
There's something just soothing about this song but being arachnophobic I'm not too fond of the video!



Type O Negative - Bloody Kisses
There will never be another Pete Steele.  Or Type O Negative.  Again as a cat lover I had to include this long tribute he wrote after the death of his 17 year old cat.  Fucking genius.



Type O Negative - Wolf Moon
This really shows Pete's weird sense of humour.



I was gutted when I'd learned Pete died.  I was shocked that Kurt Cobain killed himself but not really that surprised given what he was like.  Disappointed that Layne Staley died but again that wasn't really surprising.  But when Pete died, that a hard blow.  Apart from drinking he was probably the fittest and nicest blokes in music.

No comments:

Post a Comment