Saturday 17 August 2019

Tunes part 4

Another week of tunes...


L7 - Andres
This was the first song of theirs I'd heard.  I still hum the main riff often.



Babes in Toyland - Sweet '69
Just love the loudness and distortion on this.



Ministry - Just One Fix
Sure, Jesus Built My Hotrod is the famous song from Psalm 69, but imho Just One Fix is miles better.  It's got lyrics for a start!  Strange seeing Al without tattoos and piercings now though.



Mortiis - Marshland
I'd heard of Mortiis but never heard any of his stuff until Kerrang TV put Parasite God on rotation. This song just resonated with me with what was going on at the time.  I absolutely love the album and was lucky to see him live on his tour for The Grudge. It was fucking amazing.  I wish he'd stuck with Era 2 for longer.  Just one album wasn't enough for me.



Mortiis - Monolith
As I said in a previous blog, I'm sucker for a good piano.  The deepness and echo on this piano is amazing.  Unusual to hear it in a synthpop/industrial song.

No comments:

Post a Comment