Saturday 27 July 2019

Some favourite tunes

So, on a brighter note than my last three blogs I thought I'd post some of my favourite songs. There's a mix of things and possibly some unexpected things if you've seen my previous blogs about CDs I've bought.

I'm going to try and do 5 songs per blog, one blog a week so there's plenty of music to come.  And it'll be everything from Carl Orff (which is part of today) to Nervosa via Aphex Twin, Nine Inch Nails, Alice In Chains, Lily Allen (yes, you read that right), Daft Punk, Night Club, Iron Butterfly and god knows how many more.

Let's start off with some orchestral/piano stuff before bombarding you with all types of metal stuff.


Carl Orff - O Fortuna:
Was lucky to see a college performance of the whole of Carmina Burana live a few years ago and it was one of the best things I've ever heard.



Nobuo Uematsu - One Winged Angel (Orchestra):
This sounded awesome on the PS1 but as an orchestra it really pushes video game music to another dimension.



Kenji Kawai - Making of Cyborg (Ghost in the Shell):
The atmosphere in this is unmatched by anything else on the soundtrack. The rest of the soundtrack is really good, I do like it a lot.



Meat Loaf - Bat Out of Hell:
Always loved this song, it has everything.



Vanessa Carlton - A Thousand Miles:
Time to slow things down a little with a little pop song.  I'm a sucker for a good piano melody.



Right, that's it for this week.  Not sure what tunes will be next week, I guess it'll depend on what mood I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment