Saturday 6 July 2019

Kerrang covering Grishnack trial in the 90s

With the upcoming Blu-ray release of Lords of Chaos I thought I'd post some of the coverage Kerrang did back in the 90s about Varg Vikernes' trial for the murder of Aarseth.

I'll hopefully be posting articles each Saturday with the last one on 20th, two days before the scheduled release.  Speaking of the release, here's a handy link to Arrow Film's store page.

I haven't had the chance to see the film or even read the book yet (but I have ordered both), but it is something I remember reading a lot about back when it happened thanks to Kerrang, Metal Hammer and Terrorizer so I'm interested in seeing how the film turns out.  I'm not a fan of these bands, but I do find the incidents interesting. The only stuff like this I listen to is Bathory/Quorthon but even then it's not often

Here's the trailer:



(clicking the link gives you a bigger scan, but you may still need to right click and 'view image' then zoom in to make it readable)

K!494, 14 May 1994:



 K!495, 21 May 1994:



See you all next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment