Wednesday 25 June 2014

Mid year music purchases

It's almost halfway through the year so I thought I'd take a photo of all the music albums I've bought so far this year.  A bit of a strange collection so far.


My OCD is going slightly nuts because I forgot about NIN Recoiled so that's on the top.  But then that's one band I have bought almost everything (Halo 12 is the only one I don't have) so it's kinda fitting that it's on top of the other CDs.  Bugger, also Tron Legacy is under T instead of D.

So, in alphabetical order (surnames first):

ACDC
     Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
     Powerage
     For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)

Aerosmith
     Live! Bootleg
     Rock In A Hard Place
     Gems
     Nine Lives
     Just Push Play

Christina Aguilera
     Stripped
     Back To Basics (double)
     Bionic (double with lenticular sleeve)
     Lotus (Deluxe Edition)

Lily Allen
     Alright, Still....
     It's Not Me, It's You (Special Edition)

Black Sabbath
     Nativity In Black: A Tribute To Black Sabbath

Butcher Babies
     Goliath

Cradle of Filth
     Dusk and Her Embrace
     Godspeed on The Devil's Thunder: the Life and Crimes of Gilles De Rais (Special Edition) (double)

Daft Punk
     Tron Legacy

The Dust Brothers
     Fight Club Original Score

Genitorturers
     Flesh is the Law
     Blackheart Revolution

Guns N Roses
     Use Your Illusion I: World Tour 1992 in Tokyo (DVD)

In This Moment
     Blood (Re-Issue & Bonus) (double)

Machine Head
     Unto the Locust (Deluxe Collector's Edition) (double)

Manic Street Preachers
     National Treasures - The Complete Singles

Meat Loaf
     Bat Out of Hell
     Bat Out of Hell II: Back Into Hell

Muse
     Showbiz
     Origin of Symmetry
     Hullabaloo
     The 2nd Law

Nine Inch Nails/Coil
     Recoiled

Nirvana
     Bleach (20th Anniversary Edition)
     In Utero (20th Anniversary Edition) (double)

Primus
     Frizzle Fry

Rage Against The Machine
     Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium
     Live at the Grand Olympic Auditorium (DVD)

Red Hot Chili Peppers
     I'm With You

R.E.M.
     Monster

Satyricon
     The Age of Nero (double)

The Sisters of Mercy
     Original Album Series

Strange Days - Music From the Motion Picture

And that's it.

Some of these I've had in the past and either they've been damaged or lost so I've had to get them again, others I've been meaning to get for a while.

I've already got a number of Aerosmith and ACDC albums but I still need to finish off the collections, although for Aerosmith I'm only really after the 70s-90s stuff.  I was lucky enough to get the very limited edition Pandora's Toys wooden box version when it was first released, since then I've tried to get all the classic Columbia collection (remasters?) as seen in the pic above.

I've fallen behind with Cradle of Filth and I think I still need one or two others plus the new one (Manticore?).  I had to get Dusk again as I'm not wanting to touch my digipack SE version as the lettering on the front is drastically wearing off.  Thankfully there's only one song difference between the two discs (Nocturnal Supremacy '96) and it's not one that I'll really miss as I prefer the original on V Empire.

I already have the original release CDs of Nirvana's albums but thought I'd get the Deluxe Editions purely for the bonus tracks.  I've still to get the Nevermind one, I'm not sure if they did one for Incesticide which is a shame if they didn't.  That had some really good tunes on it.

I've got a long way to go to get the Les Claypool collection, but I'm not that bothered about the Duo De Twang stuff.  I do like the Flying Frog Brigade stuff but Primus is the main one for me.  Nothing beats a bit of Fisticuffs or Shake Hands With Beef.  and their cover of The Thing That Should Not Be is absolutely amazing.  In fact here it is:


Bugger, you'll have to watch it on youtube itself.  HAVE TO!

The RATM Live album is the only one I didn't have (except for the debut anniversary).  They're brilliant live.  I liked it so much that I immediately ordered the DVD.

The Sisters of Mercy is a band that I've loved since I saw the video for Dominion.  I've had the albums second had for a while but they've definitely seen better days so I thought I'd shell out a tenner for the complete set (First And Last And Always, Floodland, Vision Thing, Some Girls Wander By Mistake, A Slight Case Of Overbombing).  It's a shame that Eldritch isn't releasing stuff.  I know there's various reasons stopping him, but it's a damn shame.


Another one to watch on the 'tube.

I haven't spoken about the odd ones.  Christina - amazing voice.  Lily - funny.  Meat Loaf - never had the albums before and loved the first one, liked the second, thought I'd get both.  Not heard the third.  R.E.M. - not a huge fan, but I do like some of their stuff and Monster has some good tunes on it (Crush With Eyeliner and Strange Currencies)

A fair number (maybe just over half?) were bought second hand, I'm not made of money.

After all these, I doubt I'll be buying many albums for the rest of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment