Thursday 15 February 2018

Dario Argento films

Here's my Dario collection:


I know that The Church and The Sect weren't directed by Dario but he still had a big input to The Church and they were classed as parts 3 and 4 of Demons.  Just realised that I didn't include Once Upon A Time In The West bluray which he wrote the story for.

Thankfully I've been able to get all the Blurays I wanted but I may have missed limited editions of Bird, Inferno and Tenebrae but I'm happy that I still got the Arrow Video releases.  Especially glad I got Deep Red.  Suspiria is the one that everyone seems to talk about but to me Deep Red is far superior.

I'm not caring about getting the rest on BD as to me Terror At The Opera was the start of his lesser quality work which seems to just get worse and worse as he makes them.  The Mother of Tears, Giallo and Dracula 3D are particularly bad.  Leaving it so long to finish the Mothers Trilogy (Suspiria, Inferno, Mother of Tears) was a bad decision.  I still haven't properly looked to see why it took him so long to do Mother but it just feels completely different to the others.

I only got Cat O Nine Tails and The Bird With The Crystal Plumage last week which finished off the collection.  I still have the DVDs but they're the really low quality DVDs done by labels that you never see anymore.

The two versions of The Stendhal Syndrome are the EU and UK releases.  I think the UK was "Extended" but it was definitely still censored and the EU one is not Extended.  I'd have to check them again.


Here are the DVDs I'd bought before getting a BD player.  I also got the normal version of Arrow's Phenomena release way before I'd heard about the limited edition.  I'll be keeping the Arrow DVDs as they're well packaged with the reversible covers and clear sleeve.

I'm not sure about keeping the BD of Phenomena.  I *think* there are different extras but again I've not properly compared it to the limited edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment